Sunday, December 23, 2007

facebook

After exploring the Facebook Apps for Librarians, I think JStor is a great addition as a reference tool for librarians and their customers by providing those full-text articles they are often searching for. I believe there is an ARTStor too. BooksiRead seems good too but there are other resources for reviews and reader's advisory. The site I found to have the most appealing idea is LibGuides. I noticed that the guides were tailored for a highly specific audience, for example, students in a specific academic program at a particular school. However, the idea of creating and gathering together resources on one subject could be useful for YA and children librarians. Adding a constant stream of updated and interesting news on this topic would not only be helpful for homework but help create ongoing interest in the subject. I noticed quite a few guides included short videos. That would add to the interest level as well. p.s. I'm learning so much here!!

No comments: